Mr. and Mrs. John Downey of Lake View celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a family dinner in Schimschack’s Restaurant, Sanborn, followed by a trip to Ireland and St. Martin. Mr. Downey and Geraldine Stoehr were married July 13, 1963, in St. Brigid Catholic Church, Buffalo. He is a retired lieutenant in the Buffalo Fire Department; she is retired from BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York. They have three daughters and four grandchildren.
John and Geraldine Downey
- 244 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 130 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 78 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals
- 73 Letter: Entitlement programs keep people in poverty
- 65 BTF to protest Common Core outside regent's home