Mr. and Mrs. John Downey of Lake View celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a family dinner in Schimschack’s Restaurant, Sanborn, followed by a trip to Ireland and St. Martin. Mr. Downey and Geraldine Stoehr were married July 13, 1963, in St. Brigid Catholic Church, Buffalo. He is a retired lieutenant in the Buffalo Fire Department; she is retired from BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York. They have three daughters and four grandchildren.
John and Geraldine Downey
- 405 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 296Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 263 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 229 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified