ADVERTISEMENT

JAMESTOWN – The woman who died in a cooking-related fire was 25-year-old Toni M. Brosius, police announced this morning.

Firefighters responding Wednesday morning to a four-unit apartment building at 105 Stowe St. found Brosius inside. She was pronounced dead at the scene by Chautauqua County Coroner Jim Jackson.

The cause of death was acute smoke inhalation, according to police.

Unattended cooking led to the fire and heavy smoke that engulfed the kitchen of the victim’s apartment, police said.