Southern Erie County
Parents, teachers, and community members from the East Aurora, Iroquois, and Holland school districts will conduct a community forum on high stakes testing and today’s education from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at Aurora Town Hall, 300 Gleed Ave., East Aurora. The forum has been rescheduled from last week.
Also, the Seneca Nation of Indians is sponsoring several events with Jacy Good, a Pennsylvania woman who recovered from injuries suffered in a car crash caused by distracted driving that killed her parents. She will discuss the damage caused by distracted driving at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Cattaraugus Community Center, 12767 Route 438, Irving, and at 1:30 p.m. at Allegany Community Center, 3677 Administration Dr., Salamanca.
Events also are being planned Thursday at Lake Shore and Silver Creek high schools and Friday at Gowanda and Salamanca high schools.
Also this week:
• A meeting of the Eden School Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Eden Jr./Sr. High School, 3150 Schoolview Road.
• A work session will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Elma Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
The agenda will include a review of the Conservation Board, water meter deposits, and a sketch review of two proposed projects by a local developer for 53 patio homes and an 18-home subdivision on Bullis Road. There has been no application on this proposal yet.
• A bloodmobile will be available from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday at Cy’s Pharmacy, 2317 Bowen Road, Elma.
• The Iroquois Central School Community Education Program is offering adult evening classes during Winter/Spring 2014. Some classes begin this week including fine arts, SAT prep, insurance reduction course, 5-hour licensing, CPR/AED, physical fitness, swimming, music, singing, and on-line courses. For more information, call 995-2344 or visit iroquoiscsd.org.
• The Marilla Town Board will meet in a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road. On the agenda will be a discussion of a Reverse 911 call or Code Red, updated zoning maps, and a review of bids for computer consultants.
• The community is invited to a free meatloaf dinner at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday prepared by the Marilla United Methodist Church, 1910 Two Rod Road. The menu features meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, salad, dessert and beverage. For more information call 652-7465.
• The Marilla Kiwanis Club will hold a Board of Directors meeting at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the Whistle Stop Restaurant, Exchange St., Alden.
• The Marilla Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the lower meeting room of Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road. On the agenda will be the balance of the organizational meeting and appointments.
• The Marilla Historical Society will hold an open house from 2 to 4 p.m. next Sunday in the Community Center, 1810 Two Rd. Road to introduce the new Town Board members, Earl Gingerich Jr. as Supervisor, Debbie Beats and Julie Farmer-Lathrop as councilmembers. Refreshments will be served.
• The Wales Town Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road. On the agenda will be the annual organizational appointments.