The annual Blast on the Beach, which is celebrating the 100th anniversary of Hamburg Town Park, starts at 9 a.m. Saturday with the 24th annual Dash-N-Splash family fun run.
Proceeds of this year’s race will benefit the Town of Hamburg Recreation Foundation.
Activities include swimming, volleyball, free watercraft rides, a sand castle contest and a hot dog-eating contest. Buffalo Animal Adventures will showcase wildlife, reptiles and other exotic creatures.
Opening ceremonies will take place at 3 p.m. Frontier Skydivers will jump at 7 p.m. and there will be fireworks at 9:45 p.m. Entertainment includes Billy McEwen & the Soul Invaders and Lance Diamond, and there’ll be dancing on the beach from 5 to 10 p.m.
A shuttle will run from the Lake Shore Little League lot on Rogers Road.
• A Hamburg Village Board work session begins at 5:30 p.m. Monday, followed by a regular meeting at 7, in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg School Board will hold a special meeting at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday in the administration building, 5305 Abbott Road. Negotiations with the Hamburg Teachers Association will be discussed during an executive session.
• A meeting of the Village of Hamburg’s Planning Commission begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Farmer’s Market is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot at Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• BackBeat 64 performs at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at JFK Playground on Grafton Avenue, between Avon and Allen, as part of the Blasdell concert series.
• Tom Stahl and the Dangerfields perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Park, Lake and Union streets, for the Village of Hamburg’s concert series. Rain site is Union-Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
• A free screening of “The Lego Movie” begins at dusk Thursday in Memorial Park, Lake and Union streets. Activities for children will start at 7:30 p.m.
• Free yoga with Leigh Duffy begins at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Giving Garden on Pleasant Avenue. Bring a towel or mat.
• Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets.