Burger Fest takes place from noon to 11:30 p.m. Saturday along Main and Buffalo streets and in the municipal parking lot.
The one-day festival offers food, live music, a classic car show, and artworks and other goods for sale. The Taste of Hamburg portion of the festival will feature local restaurants.
Hamburg held its first Burger Fest in 1985 to mark the 100th anniversary of the hamburger’s creation at the Hamburg Fairgrounds, after organizers discovered a history book detailing the burger’s origins. Frank and Charles Menches, vendors who traveled the World’s Fair circuit, and who have been credited with also creating Cracker Jacks and ice cream cones, concocted the all-American burger.
Live musical performances, on the Hamburg Gaming Main Stage in the Municipal Lot and at two locations on Main Street, will feature Terry Buchwald, Nerds gone Wild, Tom Stahl and the Dangerfields and JJ Swing.
• The Town Board will hold a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the courtroom in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• A meeting of the Village of Hamburg’s Architectural Review Committee begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg School Board will conduct a special meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the administration building, 5305 Abbott Road, to award a contract for reconstruction of the Middle School roof.
• The Village of Hamburg’s Economic Development Committee meets at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• Blasdell Farmer’s Market is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot at Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The town Planning Board will hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m., in Room 7B at Town Hall.
• Ozone Rangers will perform at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at JFK Playground on Grafton Avenue, between Avon and Allen, as part of the Blasdell concert series.
• “Undies Rock!” is holding its second annual band night to support Churches in Action’s purchase of new underwear for local clothing shelters at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Braymiller’s Lanes, 39 Buffalo St. Bands include Justin Shuttleworth, Jess Chizuk and The Divisions.
• The Village of Hamburg concert series continues with Heard of Buffalo at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Park at Lake and Union streets. The rain site is the Union-Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
• Free yoga with Leigh Duffy will take place at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Giving Garden on Pleasant Avenue. Bring a towel or mat.
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and Hilbert College will present “Working for Business,” a seminar featuring state Department of Labor representatives, at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hilbert, 5200 South Park Ave. Reservations are required by calling 649-7917 or visiting the chamber website at www.hamburg-chamber.org.
• Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets.
• A free electronic recycling event, sponsored by state Sen. Mark Grisanti, R-Buffalo, will be conducted from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.