Town playgrounds open for supervised activities this week.
Depending on location, playgrounds may be open five, three or two days per week starting Tuesday through Aug. 1. There will be no programs on July 4.
Programs run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day of operation and will be closed during inclement weather and lightning.
Five-day sites meet Monday through Friday and include Deer Springs playground on White Oak Way in Lake View; Rush Creek on Rushford Drive; Woodlawn Fourth Street playground on Fourth Street in Woodlawn; and Willow Run on Buckingham Lane.
Three-day sites meet Monday, Wednesday and Friday and include: Benz on Meadow Lane; Carnegie on Columbia Street; Durham on Durham Road; and Juno on Juno Drive.
Two-day sites meet Tuesdays and Thursdays and include: Fairway Gardens on Overlook Point; Ridgefield on Beaubien Drive; Round Tree on Heatherwood Drive; and Sagamore on Mundy Street.
For more information, call the Recreation Office at 646-5145.
• The Hamburg School Board will continue its misconduct hearing against Board Member Catherine Schrauth Forcucci at 6 p.m. Monday in the cafeteria at Armor Elementary School, 5301 Abbott Road. The board will conduct its reorganization meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Union-Pleasant Elementary School, 150 Pleasant Ave.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• A meeting of the town Planning Board begins at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall.
• Blasdell Farmer’s Market is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot at Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• Housing Opportunities Made Equal, HOME, will hold office hours from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Hamburg Community Development Department, 6122 South Park Ave., next to Town Hall. Residents can ask questions about fair housing law or landlord-tenant relations. A counselor will be available to answer questions, and provide paralegal counseling and reference materials for both tenants and housing providers.
• The Village of Hamburg Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• A meeting of the Village of Hamburg’s Zoning Board of Appeals begins at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Village of Hamburg concert series continues at 7 p.m. Wednesday with a performance by the Kokomo Time Band. Concerts are held in Memorial Park, Lake and Union streets. The rain site is the Union-Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
• Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets.
• Fireworks will go off at Woodlawn Beach State Park on Thursday night and Saturday night. There also will be fireworks displays Friday at the Wanakah and Brierwood country clubs.