Frontier Central School District expects to save about $60,000 a year on its liability and related insurance coverage.
The district recently issued a request for proposals from firms for the first time in about 10 years. The School Board has decided to seek new insurance proposals every two years, interim Superintendent Paul Hashem said.
The Frontier School Board recognized 18 retirees representing 222.5 years of service last week. The retirees included teachers, teachers aides, food service helpers, bus attendants and a driver, as well as director of Facilities Allan Brown.
• The Hamburg Town Board will hold a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Frontier Central School Board will conduct a special meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Cloverbank Elementary School, 2761 Cloverbank Road, to discuss the proposed parking and drop-off area at Cloverbank.
• The Blasdell Farmer’s Market will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot at Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg Central School Board scheduled a special meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday to conduct the hearing on official misconduct charges against Board Member Catherine Schrauth Forcucci. The board plans to meet in the conference room in the Administration Building, 5305 Abbott Road.
• The Hamburg Village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• Blasdell’s summer concert series will feature Italian Night with Jack Civiletto at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at JFK Playground on Grafton Avenue, between Avon and Allen.
• The Village of Hamburg concert series continues with the Road Runners at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Park at Lake and Union streets. The rain site is the Union-Pleasant Elementary School auditorium.
• The Hamburg Farmers Market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal parking lot, with entrances on Main and Union streets.