Bids for the concession contract at Woodlawn Beach State Park will be discussed during a special meeting of the Town Board, which begins at 4 p.m. Monday in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
A state Supreme Court last week denied a request from last year’s vendor, Tucker Curtin, to prevent the town from awarding a new contract.
Curtin, who has operated Woody’s Beach Club and Taqueria the past three years, maintains he has a valid contract to continue. If it does not continue, he said he has equipment at the beach that he wants to remove.
The board spent more than an hour last week in executive session, reviewing 11 bids, but did not award a contract. The town took over operations of the state beach in 2011.
Meanwhile, Hamburg Village Board members have approved plans for the facade renovation at Dairy Queen on Lake Street and also approved new signage for Expert Auto on Main Street, which is converting to Firestone Auto. Four exterior signs will be reduced to two and will be mounted on the wall; an interior sign was approved without interior lighting.
The Village Board also approved a new sign at Allstate Insurance on Buffalo Street.
Also this week:
• The Penn Dixie Paleontological and Outdoor Education Center will be open daily during spring break for fossil collecting – rain or shine. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. More than 4,100 feet of paved trails at 4050 North St. provide easy access for wheelchairs, walkers, strollers and wagons.
• A budget work session of the Frontier School Board is scheduled for 5 p.m. Monday in Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave.
• Blasdell’s Easter Egg Hunt will take place at noon Saturday at JFK playground. Reservations are required by Monday; call Village Hall at 822-1921.
• The Village of Hamburg’s Architectural Review Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• A meeting of the Village of Hamburg’s Economic Development Committee begins at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The town’s Planning Board will hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, followed by a regular meeting at 7, in Room 7B in Town Hall. A public hearing is scheduled on a proposal from Russo Development for a storage area at 3710 Old Milestrip Road, and the board will discuss the Sherwood Meadows housing project on land north of Howard Road.
• A meeting of the Blasdell Village Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the courtroom at Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.