The town Recreation Department has scheduled activities for children during the April 14-17 spring break from school.
Children ages 7 to 14 can stay active with a variety of supervised activities at the HUB gymnasium in Hamburg Wesleyan Church, 4999 McKinley Pkwy.
Sessions are from 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. Registration can include the full four-day period or individual days, and weekly and family rates are available.
Registration also is open for two floor hockey clinics in May for people with disabilities, ages 5 through 19. The adaptive floor hockey/Find Your Niche program does not involve skating, and will take place Friday evenings.
Participants must pre-register for programs at Recreation Office, 4540 Southwestern Blvd., by calling 646-5145 or going online at www.townofhamburgny.com.
Also this week:
• A Hamburg Village Board work session begins at 5:30 p.m. Monday, followed by a regular meeting at 7, in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Village Historic Preservation Commission meets at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• A meeting of the Village of Hamburg’s Planning Commission starts at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• A budget work session of the Hamburg School Board is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in Union Pleasant Elementary School, 150 Union Ave.
• The Village of Hamburg’s Environmental Conservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• A meeting of the Blasdell Village Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Frontier School Board will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave. The board plans to go into executive session and reopen the meeting to the public at 7 p.m.
• A meeting of the Village of Hamburg’s Traffic Safety Committee is scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Trails Task Force meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.