Frontier School District’s superintendent search has attracted 24 candidates.
The School Board will meet in executive session March 11 to review all of the applications, according to Janet MacGregor Plarr, the board’s president. “Then we will have to decide who we want to move forward and who we want to interview,” she said.
Search consultant Howard Smith, of School Leadership, said there were 29 expressions of interest and 24 people returned completed applications. “We are currently screening and vetting the applicants,” Smith said.
Smith will meet with the School Board and help determine who will be interviewed. He collected input through 11 meetings and an on-line survey about what community members would like to see in a superintendent, and those specifications will help narrow the field of applicants, he said.
Only the School Board will interview the final candidates, Smith said.
The board hopes to make its decision by May, so the new superintendent can start in July, Smith said.
Also this week:
• A Hamburg Village Board work session begins at 5:30 p.m. Monday in Village Hall, 100 Main St., followed by a regular meeting at 7. A public hearing on the 2014-15 budget is scheduled for 7:15 p.m.
• The Frontier School Board will hold a budget workshop at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave.
• Orientation for new and prospective members of the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce will be held at noon Tuesday at the chamber office, 6122 South Park Ave.
• A representative of State Sen. Mark Grisanti, R-Buffalo, will conduct satellite office hours from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday in Hamburg Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• A meeting of the Hamburg Village Recreation Commission begins at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The town’s Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B at Hamburg Town Hall.