Most candidates in the March 18 Hamburg village elections will be unopposed.
The only contested race is for village justice; incumbent Andrew Fleming, who is seeking a four-year term, is being challenged by Timothy J. Kane.
Running unopposed are Mayor Thomas J. Moses Sr. and Trustees Thomas Tallman and Mark Colmerauer.
There are no elections this year in Blasdell.
Also this week:
• The Town Board will hold a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1, followed by a regular meeting in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• A meeting of the Hamburg Village Planning Commission begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg School Board will hold a budget work session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the auditorium of Union-Pleasant Elementary School, 150 Pleasant Ave.
• The Frontier School Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave. The board plans to go into executive session and reopen the meeting to the public at 7 p.m.
• Mark Carra, a naturalist at Beaver Meadow Audubon Center, will discuss “Theodore Roosevelt - Shades of Natures’ Past,” at 7 p.m. Thursday in the auditorium of the Gateway Executive Office, 3556 Lake Shore Road. The illustrated program, sponsored by Penn Dixie Paleontological and Outdoor Education Center, is open to the public.
• Cavalcade of Cars Auto Show will take place from 5 to 10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at The Fairgrounds Event Center and Expo Hall, South Park Avenue.