Jessica Underberg, assistant fair manager and agricultural manager for the Erie County Fair, will discuss the fair’s impact on the local and regional economies at a Hamburg Chamber of Commerce luncheon Thursday.
Check-in for the second event in the “Leaders of Western New York Series” starts at 11:30 a.m. and lunch is at noon at J.P. Fitzgerald’s Restaurant, 4236 Clark St.
Also this week:
• The town Planning Board will conduct a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B, in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave., followed by a regular meeting at 7. The board will discuss the proposal from DATO Development for a 128-unit apartment project and a 28-lot subdivision on vacant land located east of Breckenridge Road and northeast of Howard Road.
• A Village Board work session begins at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, followed by a regular meeting at 7, in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier Central School Board will conduct a budget work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave.
• A meeting of the Hamburg Village Architectural Review Committee begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• A meeting of the town’s Traffic Safety Committee begins at 7 p.m. Thursday in Room 7B in Town Hall.
• The annual Winter Blast fundraiser of Imagine: Hamburg will be held from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday at the Coyote Cafe on Main Street. Live music by Briar Hill Band begins at 9 p.m. Tickets are $25 at the door, and all proceeds are used to support Imagine: Hamburg village projects.