A number of appointments on boards in the Town of Hamburg have changed this year with the addition of Democrats Cheryl Potter-Juda and Michael P. Quinn Jr. on the Town Board.
But one that has not changed is deputy supervisor. Amy Ziegler, who had been the deputy for three years, remains the deputy supervisor, Republican Supervisor Steven Walters said. Ziegler lost her bid for a second term to Quinn and no longer serves on the board.
If the supervisor is absent or unable to serve, the deputy acts in his absence, and presides over Town Board meetings, although she has no vote on the Town Board.
The deputy supervisor receives a stipend of $1,600.
Housing Opportunities Made Equal will conduct free fair housing training for landlords and tenants from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Hamburg Community Development Department, 6122 South Park Ave., next to Town Hall.
The training is open to anyone looking to learn more about fair housing and landlord-tenant law. Topics will include federal, state and local fair housing regulations, housing discrimination, reasonable accommodations and modifications for tenants with disabilities, along with some common landlord-tenant issues such as repairs, damages, security deposits and evictions.
Registration is required by contacting Alyssa Bergsten at 854-1400, Ext. 22, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also this week:
• The Hamburg Village Board will hold a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The town Planning Board will conduct a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• A representative of state Sen. Mark Grisanti, R-Buffalo, will conduct satellite office hours from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall.
• The Frontier School Board will not meet Tuesday, and instead will meet in a budget work session at 7 p.m. Feb. 11 in the Frontier Educational Center boardroom, 5120 Orchard Ave., Hamburg. The board will hold a regular business meeting at 7 p.m. Feb. 25 at the same location.