Housing Opportunities Made Equal, HOME, will not be holding Hamburg office hours this month. Office hours will resume from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 5 at the Hamburg Community Development Department, 6122 South Park Ave., next to Town Hall.
The open office hours are held on the first Wednesday of each month and are intended to give Hamburg residents an opportunity to raise questions about fair housing law or landlord-tenant relations. All information provided by HOME is free and confidential.
If you have questions, contact HOME at 854-1400, Ext. 22.
Ten Lives Club Cat Rescue and Adoption Group will be holding its fifth annual chili cook-off from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 19 at the West End Inn, 340 Union St., Hamburg. Applications are still being accepted for contestants.
Proceeds from the event will help with the cost of running the group’s cat shelter in Hamburg. The organization currently has more than 300 cats and kittens in its care, awaiting a home. For more information on this fundraising event, or if you are interested in volunteering, adopting a cat or donating to Ten Lives Club, call 646-5577. To enter the contest and for a complete set of rules, visit the group’s website at www.tenlivesclub.com.
Also this week:
• The Town Board has rescheduled its reorganization meeting to 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13 in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier School Board is meeting in a public budget workshop at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the board room of the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave., Hamburg. District administrators intend to present background and basic budget foundation points for board participation and begin discussing budget questions.
• The town Planning Board will conduct a work session at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. A public hearing will be conducted on the request from DATO Development for preliminary approval of a 224-unit apartment project on vacant land located west of Breckenridge Road and northeast of Howard Road.
• The Hamburg Village Environmental Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Village Traffic Safety Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.