The Town of Hamburg’s Youth Bureau and Recreation administrative offices are planning to move Friday to the new Senior Community Center, 4540 Southwestern Blvd.
Senior Services and Hamburg Adult Day Services will relocate to the new center in the spring, after extensive renovations. The town bought the former Frontier Community Learning Center from the Frontier Central School District to consolidate youth, recreation and senior services under one roof.
The reconstruction will include a new senior fitness center, a dining room for the senior lunch program, administrative offices and activity rooms as well as a suite of rooms to accommodate the needs of the Adult Day Center.
The therapeutic pool at the Senior Services Sowles Road site will continue to be operated through the department at that location, but officials hope to construct a new pool in the new building at some time in the future.
Existing phone numbers for all departmental offices will remain the same.
Also, the Hamburg Youth Bureau, in conjunction with the Western New York Holiday Partnership and Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program, is participating as both an application and distribution site for families in need throughout the Christmas season.
New, unwrapped toys are being accepted for children 12 and younger. Drop-off sites include Jimmies Pizza, 43 Buffalo St., the Youth Bureau in its new location on Southwestern Blvd., the Town Recreation Center, 2982 Lakeview Road and Hamburg Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave., Hamburg. The drive will continue until the toys are distributed.
Applicants for the toy program must apply in person weekdays at the Youth Bureau from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. through Wednesday. To qualify, applicants must have proof of residency and income for the past 30 days, photo ID and Social Security cards for all household members.
Also this week:
• The Hamburg village nativity scene will be dedicated at 7 p.m. today in Memorial Park.
• Tours of the Boies-Lord House Museum, 5853 South Park Ave., will take place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. today.
• A live nativity will be featured during Hilbert College’s 16th annual Christmas celebration at 2 p.m. today in the campus quad near the Campus Center. It will be followed by a children’s Christmas party in the Hafner Recreation Center.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room No. 1, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• A hearing on the town’s Community Development Block Grant plans will be conducted at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the lobby of Town Hall.
• The Hamburg Village Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Hamburg Central School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the auditorium of Union-Pleasant Elementary School. The board plans to go into executive session, then return to the open section of the meeting at 7:30 p.m.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall.
• The Hamburg Village Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The 12th annual Hamburg Chamber of Commerce Holiday Bash to raise money for scholarships will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday at the Events Center at the Fairgrounds.
• The Hamburg Village Environmental Conservation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Village Traffic Safety Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• State Assemblyman Sean Ryan will conduct office hours from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday in Town Hall.
• Breakfast with Santa will take place at from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday at Post 527, American Legion, 2 Memorial Dr.