Christmas in the Village is a new event that is a joint effort between Hamburgh Holidays and Village Business Advisory Council, taking place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday. Highlights include the lighting of the star at 7 p.m., the grand opening of Santa’s Workshop, trolley rides, and carolers strolling as the fires glow, and more.
Christmas at the Cabin will take place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the town’s log cabin, 6765 Taylor Road. Santa will arrive at 1:30 p.m., and there will be live reindeer, caroling, crafts, refreshments, and a tree lighting. The event, which is sponsored by the Hamburg Rejuvenation Committee, is free.
Also this week:
• A free children’s matinee featuring Jim Carrey in “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas” will be shown at 1 p.m. today as part of Hamburgh Holidays celebrations.
• The Hamburg Village Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall.
• The town Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave. Among the items on the agenda are the proposed Sherwood Meadows apartments planned for east of Heatherwood Drive, north of Howard Road, and Pleasant Creek, a 109-lot subdivision planned for the north side of Pleasant Avenue, west of the Thruway.
• The Blasdell Christmas tree lighting will take place at 10:25 a.m. Saturday at LaBelle Avenue and Lake Street.