“Welcome Neighbors” is the theme of this year’s annual Hamburgh Holidays Santa Claus parade Nov. 30, and parade organizers are inviting neighboring communities to participate.
“Please be as creative as you can to make a beautiful, a whimsical or old-fashioned holiday float. This is a great opportunity to have all eyes watching and reading your banner and see who your business or club or organization is,” said Eileen Hotho, one of the organizers.
The parade begins at Union-Pleasant Elementary School on Union Street at Center Street and continues east and north on Main and Buffalo streets, concluding at the Village Square, where cookies and hot chocolate will be served. Youth groups, businesses, service organizations, marching bands, clowns and marchers of all ages can participate.
Registration forms can be obtained at the Hamburg Village Recreation Office and Village Hall or by emailing email@example.com. Registration continues through Nov. 22.
Also this week:
• A hearing on the Town of Hamburg’s Community Development program will be conducted at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the lobby of Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• Public hearings on the changes in the fire protection contracts and the town’s proposed 2014 budget will be conducted at 7 p.m. Monday in Town Hall. The $42.58 million town budget is up 1 percent over this year, but the tax levy would go down by one-half of 1 percent, to $23.92 million.
• The Frontier School Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in executive session, followed by its regular business meeting at 7 p.m. in the Frontier Educational Center board room at 5120 Orchard Ave., Hamburg.
• The village Architectural Review Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• State Assemblyman Sean Ryan will host a STAR outreach forum from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday in Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave. Those attending will need the address of their property, and the names and social security numbers for all property owners and spouses in order to register for the basic STAR tax exemption.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg Farmer’s market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking lot between Main and Union streets.
• Weekend public skate is open for the season at the Hamburg Town Ice Arena, Lakeview Road, and takes place from 8 p.m. to 9:50 p.m. Fridays and from 2 p.m. to 3:50 p.m. Sundays. Public Skating also takes place from 11 a.m. to 12:50 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.