Hamburg Democrats have endorsed Ted Casey for highway superintendent.
Casey, a lifelong resident of Hamburg, has a bachelor’s degree in economics and a master’s in safety management/environmental studies from the University of Rochester.
He is in senior management for a manufacturing company and has more than 20 years of private sector experience in safety, labor relations , and worker empowerment, according to Democratic Chairman James Connolly.
Casey will be facing incumbent Highway Superintendent Tom Best, who was appointed in 2009 and then won election that year.
Also this week:
• The Hamburg Central School Board will conduct a special meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Armor Elementary School, 5301 Abbott Road. It is anticipated that the board will move into executive session at 6:30 p.m. and return to public session at 7:30 p.m. Among the items on the agenda are proposals for the search for a new superintendent.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• Forever Young will play at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in JFK playground in Blasdell.
• Crash Cadillac will perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Memorial Park as part of the Hamburg village summer concert series.
• The Hamburg Farmer’s market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking lot between Main and Union streets.
• The Hamburg Village Recreation Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Youth Center, 200 Prospect Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• Dancin’ in the Alley, a fundraiser for Hamburgh Holidays, will take place at Buffalo Street Grill, 61 Buffalo St., from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday.