Tresmond’s appointment in July had drawn criticism because the district did not seek proposals from other legal firms. Some also criticized the appointment because this was the first school district Tresmond represented.
But Tresmond, who is a certified school administrator and served as principal of the former Masten Park Secure Center, said he was well-qualified to be the district’s lawyer. Tresmond said the board and he agreed to terminate his contract Dec. 31.
The School Board is expected to vote tonight on hiring a new lawyer for the school district.
Tresmond resigns as attorney for Hamburg Central Schools
- 645 Letter: Birthing center site deserves to be boycotted
- 227 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance
- 218 U.S. Department of Education to probe Buffalo Public Schools on discrimination charges
- 151 Letter: Conservatives are running the nation into the ground
- 113 Letter: Sheriff is not upholding all of New York's laws