Friends of the Grand Island Memorial Library will hold their annual meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in the library, 1715 Bedell Road.
After a short business meeting, guest speaker Jackie Albarella will give a presentation on her recent book, “The Hotel Lafayette: Restoring Louise Bethune’s Masterpiece.”
The program is free and open to the public, and refreshments will be served. For more information, call the library at 773-7124.
Also this week:
• Grand Island Community Chorus will be joined by the Orchard Park Chorale for its spring concert, “Rivers of Song: A European Journey,” at 7 p.m. today in Trinity United Methodist Church, 2100 Whitehaven Road. Admission is free, but donations will be gratefully accepted.
• The Town Board will hold a workshop at 8 a.m. Monday in Town Hall, 2255 Baseline Road.
• A regular meeting of the Town Board begins at 8 p.m. Monday in Town Hall.
• Charles N. DeGlopper Memorial Post 9249, Veterans of Foreign Wars, 2121 Grand Island Blvd., hosts the first dinner in its third annual series of chicken dinners from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Dinners are $9 and include salad, potato salad, roll and butter. For advance tickets, call 773-6343. Additional dinners will be held May 21 and June 4.
• Rotary Club of Grand Island will destroy documents from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday for those who bring them to the Key Bank parking lot in Tops Plaza, 2180 Grand Island Blvd. The service is confidential. Fee is $10 per banker box. For information, call Rachel D’Agostino at 465-3424.