Grand Island Lions Club is holding its 45th annual spaghetti dinner Monday.
The event will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. in the ballroom at Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa, 100 Whitehaven Road. Tickets are $7 for adults, $4 for children ages 5 to 12.
Basket raffles also will be featured. Proceeds support the club’s Special Kids Picnic on July 17 at the Buffalo Launch Club. For tickets, call Dick Crawford at 818-6992.
Also this week:
• A Town Board workshop is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 2255 Baseline Road. Erie County Legislator Kevin Hardwick, R-City of Tonawanda, will be present for a discussion about county highway drainage concerns.
• An update from the assessor is on the agenda for Wednesday’s workshop of the Town Board, which begins at 8 a.m. in Town Hall.
• The Huth Road School Relay for Life team is sponsoring a Fun Night from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Adrian’s Custard and Beef, 2335 Grand Island Blvd. Adrian’s will donate 10 percent of all sales to the relay team and the Huth Road playground.
• Contractor yards in residential areas is the topic at Friday’s workshop of the Town Board, which will meet at 8 a.m. in Town Hall.
• If you see people with parachutes in the sky Saturday afternoon over the Grand Island Rod and Gun Club, 1083 Whitehaven Road, they are part of First Pitch fundraiser for the Miracle League of WNY, which provides opportunities for the handicapped to play baseball. In addition to the skydivers, there will be food, beverages, basket raffles and hayrides from 3 to 7 p.m. Donation is $20.
• Grand Island Community Chorus will be joined by the Orchard Park Chorale for its spring concert, “Rivers of Song: A European Journey,” at 7 p.m. next Sunday in Trinity United Methodist Church, 2100 Whitehaven Road. Featured will be works by Brahms, Faure, Dvorak, and Rodgers and Hammerstein. Admission is free, but voluntary offerings are welcome.