Unearth your Aqua Net hairspray and neon legwarmers and get decked out in 80s style for a good cause.
An 80s bash Saturday night will benefit Roswell Park Cancer institute.
The costume dance party will feature music from Nerds Gone Wild, a live band that covers new wave and classic 80s hits. The event takes place at Byblos Niagara Resort and Spa (formerly the Holiday Inn), 100 Whitehaven Road. Doors open at 7 p.m. with complimentary food and drinks and music starting at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door. For more information, call 773-1111.
Also this week:
• The Grand Island Recreation Department will hold an open swim today from 12 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. at the Grand Island Senior High School pool, 1100 Ransom Road. For more information, call 773-9680.
• St. Stephen School will hold an open house today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the school, 2080 Baseline Road. For more information, call 773-4347.
• Jack and Jill Community Preschool will hold an open house Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 2587 Baseline Road, in preparation for Feb. 1 registration. For more information, visit www.jackandjillcommunitypreschool.com.
• The Grand Island Board of Education will hold a budget input session Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the professional development room at Grand Island Senior High School, 1100 Ransom Road.
• The American Legion post 1346 will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m Wednesday in the meeting room of the Moose Lodge no. 180, 2524 Grand Island Blvd.
• The Grand Island Recreation Department will host crafts and activities for children from age 7 to 12 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Nike Base Reality Cafe, 3278 Whitehaven Road.