Need something to keep the kids busy while you finish some last-minute Christmas shopping? You’re in luck.
The Grand Island Recreation Department will offer crafts and activities for children ages 7 to 12 at the Nike Base Reality Cafe, 3278 Whitehaven Road, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. For more information call 773-9680.
Later that day, St. Stephen Roman Catholic Church, 2100 Baseline Road, is offering child care from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., with crafts, games, movies, music, storytelling and light refreshments for potty-trained children ages 3 to 10. The cost is $15 per child, $25 for two children or $30 for 3 or more children. For more information, call 870-2071.
Also this week:
• The Grand Island Recreation Department will open the Grand Island High School pool for a Sunday family swim today at 1100 Ransom Road from noon to 2:45 p.m.
• The Grand Island Town Board will meet for workshops Monday at 8 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and for its regular meeting at 8 p.m. in Town Hall, 2255 Baseline Road.
• The Grand Island Central School District Board of Education will hold its regular meeting Monday at 7:30 p.m. in the Veronica E. Connor Middle School Little Theatre, 1100 Ransom Road.
• The American Legion Post 1346 invites the public to a Christmas party today from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Moose meeting rooms, 2524 Grand Island Boulevard.
• Grand Island’s McCarthy School of Irish Dance will perform “A Celtic Christmas” Friday at 7 p.m. at the Niagara Falls High School Performing Arts Center, 4455 Porter Road in Niagara Falls. Tickets are $8 pre-sale, $10 at the door.