It may be a while before the snow flies, but that doesn’t mean you won’t get a ticket if you park on the street.
The town’s winter parking ban is in effect until April 1. Cars parked on the street between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. will be ticketed. The ban ensures streets can be cleared of snow properly, but is in effect even when streets are clear.
Also this week:
• The Town will hold a special Veterans Day program Monday beginning 11 a.m. at Veterans Park, 1717 Bedell Road. The event is free and open to the public.
• One Island, One Team, One Dream to be Drug Free will meet at the Middle School Little Theater, 1100 Ransom Road, Tuesday at 4 p.m.
• A representative from Senator Mark Grisanti’s office will be at Town Hall, 2255 Baseline Road, Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. to answer questions and hear comments about state-related issues.
• The Moose Lodge 180 will hold a psychic fair Wednesday from 4:30 to 10 p.m. at the lodge, 2524 Grand Island Blvd. Admission is $5, and psychic readings are $20 for 20 minutes. For more information, call 773-6655.
• The Grand Island Memorial Library, 1715 Bedell Road, will hold a book sale Saturday at 10 a.m. From 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., there will be a bag sale, where patrons can buy all the books that fit into a bag for $2. For more information, call 773-7124.