The Buffalo Launch Club will host its 36th annual antique boat show Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 503 East River Road. Admission is free.
The event will kick off with a parade of boats leaving from the club and traveling to Canalside in the Buffalo Harbor.
More than 150 restored wood and fiberglass boats will be displayed throughout the day Saturday.
From 10:15 a.m. to 3 p.m., vintage boats will race in various “fly-by” heats at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour. Two featured hydroplanes, the Miss US IV and the Miss Canada, will go head to head.
For more information and a full schedule of the day’s activities, visit OldBoatsBuffalo.org.
Also this week:
• The Grand Island Historical Society will meet at River Lea in Beaver Island State Park Thursday at 6:30 p.m. The event, including a potluck dinner, is open to the public.
• The American Legion Post 1346 will hold its annual Poppy Drive on Friday and Saturday, collecting donations at Tops Friendly Markets, 2140 Grand Island Boulevard; First Niagara Bank, 2300 Grand Island Boulevard and M&T Bank, 2381 Grand Island Boulevard.
• The Town Board will meet for a workshop Friday at 8 a.m. to discuss businesses in residential areas. The board will meet at Town Hall, 2255 Baseline Road.
• The Buffalo Ornithological Society and the New York State Purple Martin Project will lead a field trip to the purple martin fall roost site at Buckhorn Island State Park Saturday. Interested participants should meet in the East-West parking lot at 5:45 p.m. prepared for a short, easy walk to the site.
• The band DoDriver will perform a live concert at San-Dee’s Pub, 1570 Ferry Road Saturday at 8 p.m.