The Summer Band concert series continues Tuesday with a performance by Then and Now, a classic rock band.
The event begins at 7 p.m. in the Town Commons, 2255 Baseline Road. A rain date is scheduled for Thursday.
Also this week:
• Vacation Bible School starts today at Trinity United Methodist Church, 2100 Whitehaven Road. The program runs nightly from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. through Thursday. The program includes dinner and is open to children entering pre-k through children entering sixth grade. For more information, visit www.GITUMC.org or call 957-6026.
• E-Z Pass On the Go tags are now available for purchase in the Town Clerk’s office at Town Hall, 2255 Baseline Road.
• Republic Waste, the town’s garbage contractor, wants residents to know they can e-mail the company with questions or complaints, GrandIslandNY@republicservices.com.
• The Grand Island Town Board will meet for workshops Monday at 3:30 p.m. and Wednesday at 8 a.m. in Town Hall, 2255 Baseline Road.
• The Wondermakers will present interactive folktales from around the world Tuesday at the Grand Island Memorial Library, 1715 Bedell Road. Children from age 6 to 12 are invited to attend the free program. For more information or to register (which is required), call 773-7124.
• Legislator Kevin Hardwick will meet with residents Wednesday from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Golden Age Center, 3278 Whitehaven Road. There will also be free notary service available.
• The Grand Island Central School District Board of Education will meet Friday at 10:45 a.m. in the district office board room, 1100 Ransom Road.
• A fundraiser for Women and Children’s Hospital will be held Saturday at Island Kids Child Care Center, 1353 Ransom Road, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, call 773-7516.