ADVERTISEMENT

An electrical short in a second-floor bedroom caused $45,000 damage to a house at 980 Stony Point Road near Broadway in Grand Island about 11 a.m. Wednesday, the Grand Island Fire Company reported.

Chief Kevin Koch said the fire “fully involved” the second floor of the dwelling ,causing $15,000 damage to the building and $30,000 to contents. The homeowner and two dogs escaped the building unharmed.

The Sheridan Park Volunteer Fire Department and City of Tonawanda Fire Department provided mutual aid standby assistance for the fire, which was under control within eight minutes.