Buffalo-area rescue missions and food pantries are sharing a $40,000 donation that was distributed Monday by the credit union SEFCU. Buffalo City Mission received $20,000, while St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy was given $10,000, and Compass House and the Food Bank of Western New York were awarded $5,000 each. This is the fourth year that SEFCU has provided year-end support for the neediest. “As a result of continued economic hardship, more and more people are forced to community organizations for food, clothing and shelter,” said Michael J. Castellana, credit union president.
Rescue missions, pantries share $40,000 donation
- 350 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 262 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 227 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 137 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo