Area residents will have an opportunity to travel through time by exploring history at seven cultural attractions all for one low price in the collaborative “History in Your Backyard” event next Thursday through Saturday.
Each visitor will be given a commemorative passport, which will be stamped at each location and allow entry to each participating site. Passports also can be used to obtain discounts at participating restaurants.
Those who visit all seven locations and receive a stamp at each site will be entered in a drawing to win a helicopter ride over Niagara Falls courtesy of Rainbow Air Helicopter. There are also chances to win gift basket at each location.
Participating cultural organizations are:
• Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village, 3755 Tonawanda Creek Road, Amherst, 689-1440, www.wnhv.org.
• Niagara County Historical Society, 215 Niagara St., and Col. William Bond/Jesse Hawley House, 143 Ontario St., both in Lockport, and at 434-7433, http://niagarahistory.org.
• Erie Canal Discovery Center, 24 Church St., Lockport, 439-0431, http://niagarahistory.org
• Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum, 189 Thompson St., North Tonawanda, 693-1885, www.carrouselmuseum.org
• Museum of disABILITY History, 3826 Main St., Buffalo, 629-3626, http://museumof disability.org
• Niagara Aerospace Museum, 9900 Porter Road, Niagara Falls, 297-1323, http://niagarahistory.org
Regular weekend hours apply for each site.
Passports can be purchased at each of the participating museums, with the exception of the Col. Bond Houses, and can be used throughout the three day event.
The cost is $25 in advance for adults or $30 on the weekend of the event. Children and students are $10 in advance or $15 on the weekend, and children 2 and under are free. Family tickets are $50 advance/$60.