A Buffalo man has pleaded guilty to weapon and drug charges for having a loaded .38-caliber revolver and cocaine last summer at a bar on Niagara Street.
Jose R. Santos, 30, of Hinman Avenue, a second felony offender, faces five to 15 years in prison when he is sentenced Jan. 7 by State Supreme Court Justice Christopher J. Burns, according to Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III.
Santos pleaded guilty to second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Police arrested Santos about 2:30 a.m. June 16 after receiving a report of a man with a gun in the Club Karaoke.
When Santos was approached by police in the bar, he started pulling out the gun and was tackled by officers. A folded-up dollar bill with cocaine in it was found in his pocket.
Sedita announced six other convictions for second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, which carry possible prison terms of 3½ to 15 years:
• Chase Walker, 27, of Huntley Road, pleaded guilty to possessing a loaded gun on June 19 on Dorris Avenue.
He will be sentenced Jan. 19 by State Supreme Court Justice Russell P. Buscaglia.
• Michael Hogan, 27, of Buffalo, was convicted at trial of possessing marijuana and a loaded semiautomatic pistol on Dec. 6, 2012, on Hertel Avenue. He faces sentencing Jan. 7 by Erie County Judge Sheila A. DiTullio.
•Robert Boyd Jr., 18, of Dignity Lane, pleaded guilty to having a loaded .22-caliber revolver on June 3 near Fillmore and East Delavan avenues. He will be sentenced Feb. 11 by State Supreme Court Justice John L. Michalski.
• Mitchell Wilson, 25, of Moselle Street, pleaded guilty to trying to discard a loaded .32-caliber pistol as he was being chased by Buffalo police on Feb. 13 near Pembroke Avenue and William Gaiter Parkway. He faces sentencing Feb. 10 by Erie County Judge Michael L. D’Amico.
• Jordan G. Pagan, 17, of Gelston Street, pleaded guilty to possessing a .22-caliber pistol on Sept. 30 on Grant Street, with ammunition in his pocket. He will be sentenced Jan. 14 by State Supreme Court Justice Russell P. Buscaglia.
• Rogelio Mueses, 20, of 18th Street, pleaded guilty to possessing marijuana and a loaded .25-caliber pistol on Jan. 27 at the foot of West Ferry Street. He will be sentenced Jan. 23 by Erie County Judge Thomas P. Franczyk.