Clover Creators 4-H Club meets weekly in Marilla to learn life skills – such as sewing, but they also learn about helping improve the lives of the less fortunate.
An ambassador from Buffalo City Mission attended a recent meeting to talk about the work done by that group and how the young women involved in 4-H can help their community. The 4-H members made pillowcases and donated toiletries to those in need.
The group, whose dozen members hail from Elma, Marilla and West Seneca, meets at 5:30 p.m. every Monday at the Marilla Community Center, 1810 Two Rod Road.
Enrollments are being accepted. E-mail Teraisa Sarah Buratto at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Elma Day & Car Show kicks off at 11:30 a.m. today with a chicken BBQ in Elma Village Green Park on Bowen Road. The car show starts at noon and a flag disposal ceremony begins at 2 p.m. There also will be a theme basket raffle inside the Senior Center.
A free shuttle bus will travel between the Town Hall and the park every 15 minutes, or as needed.
• The Marilla Fire Company Benevolent Association’s annual carnival and parade is scheduled for Friday and Saturday at 1950 West Ave. The event opens at 6 p.m. Friday with food, refreshments and rides until 10 p.m. There will be live music in the beer tent from 8 p.m to midnight both days, and special prices for rides from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday. A fireworks show begins at 10 p.m. Friday, and the annual firemen’s parade begins at 6 p.m. Saturday.
• A work session of the Marilla Town Board begins at 7 p.m. Monday in Town Hall, 1720 Two Rod Road.
• The Elma Library Board of Trustees meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the library, Rice and Bowen roads.
• A Wales Town Board meeting begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road.
• The Iroquois School Board’s monthly meeting begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the intermediate school, 2111 Girdle Road, Elma.
• A Marilla Town Board meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Thursday in Town Hall.