A fundraiser will be held from 1 to 7 p.m. today for Kristina Lewis, a 2004 Iroquois High School graduate and a 2010 graduate of SUNY at Cortland who is the second oldest of ten children of Bob and Mary Beth Lewis. Kristina suffered cardiac arrest while recovering at home from a hospital stay for gastroenteritis problems. She survived but it was unknown how long she was without oxygen.
The fundraiser will be held today at Ironworkers Hall-Local 6, 196 Orchard Park Rd., West Seneca.
Tickets are $25 pre-sale by calling 652-9958 or monetary donations can be made by mailing them to Mary Beth Lewis, 51 Buffalo Creek Road.
Also this week:
• The Elma Historical Society will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the Senior Citizen Center, 3007 Bowen Road for a program by Roger Clark regarding his visit to Romania and Eastern Europe.
• The Elma Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the library,1860 Bowen Road.
• The Elma Town Board will hold a work session 6 p.m. Wednesday in the William Lexo Room in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road. On the agenda will be Town Museum Hurd House repairs, opening of bids for water pumps, conservation easements, and repairs to Creek Road Park.
• Elma has been selected to partner with Erie County to allow residents to apply or renew passports. “Passports On The Move” will be in the William Lexo Room of the Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road at 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday.
• Marilla Town Board will meet for a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room of Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road to discuss a cell phone policy for employees, and an extension of the moratorium on sludge storage and spreading. The current moratorium expires in April.
• A Marilla Town Board meeting will be held 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the lower meeting room in the Town Hall
• The Wales Town Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road. On the agenda will be a public hearing for a flag lot application for a 22-acre lot owned by Mark Geitler of Olean Road; results of the department audits; and plans for an Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. April 19 in the town park.