LITTLE VALLEY – An Olean man was sentenced by Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz to up to a year in Cattaraugus County Jail on his May 27 guilty plea to felony attempted rape in the second degree, for having sexual intercourse with a 14-year-old girl in the Town of Allegany on July 22, 2013.
Keith K. Ellis, 19, had been indicted in March on charges of second-degree rape and child endangerment. Under state sentencing law, he will be released from custody within eight months.
In other cases:
• Justin R. Cramer, 32 of Limestone, faces sentencing Sept. 29 on his guilty plea to second-degree attempted murder for stabbing a Town of Carrollton resident during an argument last Dec. 12.
• Trevor T. Jimerson, 37, of Steamburg, pleaded not guilty to two counts of felony driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle. State police said that on Jan. 20, they discovered him asleep in the Allegany rest area after following footprints from a car abandoned in the median of I-86.
• Mary E. Proctor 26, of West Valley, was sentenced as a predicate felon to 1½ to three years in prison after being convicted of fourth-degree felony welfare fraud, for illegally obtaining more than $3,000 in welfare and public assistance benefits from April 2009 to July 2011.
• Richard E. Smith Jr., 34, of Niagara Falls, was sentenced to up to one year in Cattaraugus County Jail after being convicted of felony drug possession in the attempted sale of drugs in Salamanca on Feb. 12, 2013.
• Lawrence C. Smith, Jr., 21, of Buffalo, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree, for drug dealing in the City of Olean on May 9, 2013. He faces sentencing Sept. 29.
• Antoinette M. Sweet, 39, of Buffalo, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of attempted forgery in the second degree for using a false name and forging the traffic ticket she received in the Town of Yorkshire on April 30, 2013. She faces sentencing Oct. 27.
• Lamont L. Parks, 54, of Olean pleaded not guilty to two counts each of criminal possession and sale of a controlled substance in the third degree. He is accused of selling drugs in the City of Olean between Aug. 16 and Aug. 19, 2012.
• Glenn Fisher, II, 23, of Dunkirk, pleaded not guilty to three counts of third-degree burglary, criminal mischief in the second degree, three counts of petit larceny and two counts of criminal trespass in the third degree for alleged break-ins and the theft and damage of property in Gowandas between Jan. 29 and 31.
• Jason J. Czerminski, 26, of Lyndon, pleaded not guilty to two counts of burglary in the second degree, grand larceny, criminal mischief, attempted burglary in the third degree and petit larceny. He is accused of a series of break-ins and the thefts of property and damage of property in dwellings in the Town of Lyndon between May 5 and 9, 2013.
• William J. Delany, 34, of Delevan, pleaded not guilty to first- and third-degree robbery, and second- and fourth-degree grand larceny for an alleged Town of Yorkshire break-in on June 3, 2011.
• Audra A. Becker, 36, of Rushford, pleaded not guilty to third-degree grand larceny and 46 felony counts of falsifying business records in the first degree. She is accused of stealing more than $3,000 from a Rushford-area business between June 2011 and February 2013.
• Phillip M. Haight, 30, of Bradford, Pa., pleaded not guilty to criminal possession and sale of a controlled substance for alleged drug dealing in the City of Salamanca on June 13, 2013.
• Arthur J. Wright, 34, of Randolph, pleaded not guilty to a felony sex offender registration act violation. A Level 3 sex offender, Wright in September failed to provide Town of Randolph authorities with a photo of himself, an annual requirement under state law, authorities said.