A 48-year-old Lawtons woman has pleaded not guilty before Cattaraugus County Justice Ronald D. Ploetz in Little Valley to an indictment charging her with trying to kill a former boyfriend and a woman who was visiting his Town of Persia house last year.
Carol R. Silverheels was charged with attempted murder in the second degree; first-, second- and third-degree assault; and reckless endangerment. District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said Silverheels was arrested hours after she allegedly attacked her former boyfriend and a female visitor Sept. 6 in his Chestnut Street home.
Also in Cattaraugus County Court:
• Kim W. Rohwer, 58, of Little Valley, who has been jailed since he was extradited last December from Indiana, was ordered to serve another six months on his aggravated driving while intoxicated conviction for his latest drunken-driving arrest in Little Valley on April 19, 2012, when he registered a blood alcohol reading of 0.41 percent, more than five times the state’s legal limit. Pettit Rieman said he was previously convicted of drunken driving in Little Valley in September 2011. On his latest DWI conviction he was also fined $1,000, was denied driving privileges for a year after his release from custody, and was ordered by the judge to use an ignition interlock device in any vehicle he drives for five years after his release from custody.
• Sandra L. Sherlock, 33, of Olean, an ex-convict from an earlier burglary case, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with burglary in the third degree and petit larceny for a break-in in the Town of Allegany last Oct. 17.
• Janine L. Heitzinger, 31, of Olean, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of criminal sale of drugs in the City of Salamanca on Feb. 26, 2013. Heitzinger, who served a brief state prison term for a 2006 Olean drug conviction, faces sentencing Sept. 8.
• Justin R. Hand, 26, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to a indictment charging him with a felony count of aggravated family offense, unlawful imprisonment, third-degree assault, reckless endangerment, child endangerment, and first- and second-degree criminal contempt for disobeying court orders of protection and assaulting a teenage relative in the Town of Hinsdale last Sept. 2.
• David A. Foster, 57, of Olean, was ordered to serve up to one year in the Cattaraugus County Jail on his guilty plea this past November to criminal sale and criminal possession counts for his arrest in Olean on Jan. 18, 2013, and Feb. 1, 2013, for heroin trafficking.
• Leroy N. Parmenter, 44, of Little Valley, was ordered to serve a term of up to one year in the Cattaraugus County Jail on his guilty plea to driving while intoxicated in the Town of Mansfield on Jan. 13, 2013, when he had a blood-alcohol reading of 0.15 percent. The judge also barred him from driving for a year after his release and ordered him to use an ignition interlock device on any vehicles he drives for three years after his release from jail.
• Rachel E. Watz, 32, of Concord, was fined $1,500 and placed on probation for five years on her felony DWI plea for her arrest in the Town of Ashford last March 10. The judge also barred her from driving for the next year and ordered her to use ignition interlock devices on any vehicle she drives for the next five years.
• Sarah M. John, 31, of Salamanca, was fined $1,000, ordered to perform 240 hours of community service and placed on probation for the next five years on her felony DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle stemming from her arrest in the City of Salamanca last May 11. The judge also barred her from driving for a year after she gets a driver’s license and ordered her to use ignition interlock devices on any vehicles she drives for five years after she gets a driver’s license. Her license had been revoked after an earlier alcohol-related conviction.
• Tina K. Bellamy, 44, of Shinglehouse, Pa., was ordered to perform 100 hours of community services and make full restitution on her conviction for using forged checks to steal more than $3,000 in the City of Olean between Oct. 3, 2012, and Feb. 7, 2013.
• Renee L. Handmore, 27, of Olean, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to aggravated driving while intoxicated for her arrest in the City of Olean last Nov. 26 when she had a blood-alcohol reading of 0.21 percent and was driving with a revoked license from an earlier alcohol-related conviction. She faces sentencing May 5.
• David J. Becker, 46, of Gowanda, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of driving while intoxicated for his arrest in a minor property-damage crash in that township last April 7 while he had a blood alcohol level of 0.11 percent and was driving a vehicle not property registered in this state. He also faces sentencing May 5.
• Darryl V. Kettle, 46, of Salamanca, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to a felony count of driving while intoxicated for his arrest in the City of Salamanca last Oct. 25. He also faces sentencing May 5.