The 10th Annual Rock the Barn Music Festival, the main fundraiser for Clarence Newstead Meals on Wheels, brings 10 bands to the Main Street festival site next weekend.
Five rock bands – Johnny & the Homewreckers, The Outlyers, The Donnelly’s Band, U People and The Dave Viterna Band – take the stage after gates open at 3 p.m. Friday at 9015 Main St.
Lil Ed and the Blues Imperials top a bluesy lineup Saturday that includes Tinsley Ellis, Chuck Jackson’s Big Bad Blues Band, Robert “Freightrain” Parker & Friends and Robin & the Rubes.
Tickets are $15 advance at all Dash’s Markets or $20 at the gate, and are good for both days. Children 10 and younger get in free.
• Mozart Meets the Phantom is the theme of today’s summer concert, which begins at 7 p.m. in Town Park, 10405 Main St. Soprano Jeanette Vecchione will accompany the Clarence Summer Orchestra. In case of rain, the concert moves to Clarence Middle School, 10150 Greiner Road.
• A grand opening and ribbon cutting, from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, will mark the official return of Cozy Cafe and Catering, a French-style cafe in a renovated 19th century barn at 9060 Main St. Host Rob Schofield’s offerings include field green salads, wraps, soups and paninis.
• The Clarence Summer Band will perform music from Respighi and Sullivan to Mancini and Hamlisch in a free concert at 7 p.m. Thursday in Town Park, 10405 Main St. The Summer Band is made up of students who will be in the high school bands in September, along with alumni, faculty and community members.
• The Planning Board holds a regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, One Town Place off Goodrich Road, preceded by a work session at 6:30.
• Clarence Hollow Farmers’ Market is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at 10717 Main St., between Ransom and Salt roads. Live entertainment, an animal rescue group, a community service organization and a local winery are featured weekly.