The Clarence Industrial Development Agency is sponsoring a “One Region Forward” Community Congress workshop at 10 a.m. Saturday in Clarence Town Hall, One Town Place (off Goodrich Road). At the workshop, residents of Clarence and surrounding towns can map out their approaches to land use, development, housing, transportation and more for Buffalo Niagara.
Similar workshops have been held throughout Erie and Niagara counties in recent months. More information about One Region Forward can be found at www.oneregionforward.org.
Reservations can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins are welcome.
Also this week:
• The Town of Clarence 2014 Winterfest take places from noon to 5 p.m. today in Clarence Town Park, 10405 Main St. Ice skating, sledding and hayrides are among the highlights. For more information, call the Clarence Youth Bureau at 407-2162 or the Clarence Chamber of Commerce at 631-3888.
• The Planning Board is holding an executive meeting at 9 a.m. Monday in Town Hall.
• The Clarence Women’s Club will hold its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Clarence Town Park Clubhouse. A presentation on The Training Edge martial arts, self-defense and fitness center will be given by Master Steve Spoth, the center’s owner who is a black belt in eight-step Praying Mantis Kung Fu and a 2nd degree black belt in Haganah. For more information about the meeting, call 741-4718.
• The Clarence Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. Monday for the first of three scheduled budget sessions in the lecture hall of Clarence High School, 9625 Main Street.
• The Town Supervisor has scheduled a meeting at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the auditorium of Town Hall.
• The Town Board is meeting Wednesday for a work session at 6:30 p.m. in Town Hall’s Hallock Conference Room, followed by a regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. in Town Hall.
• The Clarence Town Ethics Board will meet at 8:55 a.m. Feb. 12 in the Hallock Conference Room, Town Hall