The Historical Society of the Town of Clarence is holding its first meeting of the year at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Town Park Clubhouse.
The featured speaker will be Jon Rothenmeyer who will present a program on the Central Terminal.
The event will also be the annual organizational meeting where members are elected to the Board of Trustees. Membership dues for 2014 will also be accepted.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call the museum at 759-8575 or Museum Director Alicia Braaten at 741-3780.
Also this week:
• The Planning Board will hold an executive meeting at 9 a.m. Monday in Clarence Town Hall, One Town Place.
• The Historic Preservation Commission will meet 7 p.m. Monday in the Hallock Conference Room of Town Hall.
• The Clarence School Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the library of Clarence Center Elementary School, 9600 Clarence Center Road. The meeting will be preceded by the Audit Committee meeting at 4:15 p.m. in the same location.
• The Recreation Advisory Committee will meet at 8 a.m. Tuesday in the Town Board Room of Town Hall.
• The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Planning Board Room of Town Hall.
• The Clarence Chamber of Commerce is hosting a presentation on youth hockey development with Kevyn Adams, Clarence native and former NHL player, now Vice President, HarborCenter and Director of HarborCenter’s Academy of Hockey at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the Clarence Public Library, Three Town Place.
He will be speak about the training and development program benefits that the HaborCenter plans to offer for both players and coaches. Seating is limited, RSVP the Clarence Chamber at 631-3888.