John Montague, executive director of the Buffalo Maritime Museum, will give a talk about ships that cruised the Great Lakes during the War of 1812 at the Clarence Historical Society’s meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The meeting will take place at the Main Street Town Park Clubhouse, 10405 Main Street.
The program is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
For more information, call 759-8575.
Also Erie County Legislator Edward Rath will host a hot dog fundraiser to benefit the Clarence Library from noon to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the library, 3 Town Place. The event is taking place during Fire Safety Day.
Dash’s Markets donated supplies and Sahlen’s provided the grill. Hot dogs will sell for $1, Italian sausage for $2 and bottled water will be $1.
Also this week:
• The Planning Board will hold an executive meeting at 9 a.m. Monday in Hallock Conference Room of Town Hall, One Town Place.
• The Clubhouse Renovation Committee will meet at 3:30 p.m. Monday at the Clubhouse, 10405 Main St.
• The Historic Preservation Commission meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the Hallock Conference Room of Town Hall.
• The Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall.
• The Ethics Board will meet a 8:55 a.m. Wednesday in Town Hall.
• The Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m., preceded by a work session at 6 p.m., in Town Hall.
• The Town Board will hold special meeting from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Thursday to review the 2014 budget.