Tuesday is the deadline to order tickets for “Meander in the Woods,” a June 14 fundraiser to support environmental education programs at Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve.
The event will take place from 12:30 to 4 p.m. and includes food with ingredients that grow wild on the preserve, music and a basket auction.
Tickets are $30 in advance and are available at the preserve’s Environmental Education Center, 93 Honorine Drive, or by calling 683-5959.
• The 6th annual Cheektowaga Crabapple Festival wraps up today, after a War of 1812 commemoration ceremony at noon in the War of 1812 Cemetery on Aero Drive and a 6:45 p.m. concert at Town Park, on Harlem Road, featuring the Cheektowaga Community Symphony Orchestra. Fireworks will follow at dusk.
• The Maryvale School Board meets at 6 p.m. Monday in the board room of the Samuel R. Bennett Building.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Office Conference Room in Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Cheektowaga Central School Board is holding a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the board room at the high school, 3600 Union Road.
• The Sloan Village Board is holding a public hearing at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall 425 Reiman St. A regular board meeting follows at 7.
• The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers at Town Hall. The agenda includes a proposal to build a 9,800-square-foot retail building at 4243 - 4271 Genesee St. that would house a Starbucks coffee store in part of the building.
• A “flag retirement ceremony” is being held at noon Saturday at Doyle Volunteer Hose Company No. 1 at 2199 William St. Members of the community are invited to participate in the program by placing their tattered, damage or otherwise unsuitable-for-display flags into the fire. For more information, visit www.doylefire.org, then click on “News for the Neighborhood.”