Sewerage as a historical subject?
It will be at Thursday’s meeting of the Cheektowaga Historical Association, which begins at 7 p.m. in the Senior Center, 3349 Broadway.
Speak Val Mozdziak will talk about the history of sewerage management in Erie County, including some serious and amusing facts. The meeting’s free and open to the public; refreshments will be served.
Also this week:
• The Maryvale School Board is holding a public hearing on the district’s proposed budget for 2014-15 when it meets at 6 p.m. Monday in the board room at the Samuel R. Bennett Administration Building, 1050 Maryvale Drive.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Office Conference Room at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Sloan Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 425 Reiman St.
• The Cheektowaga-Sloan School Board will hold a public hearing on the 2014-15 budget at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the cafetorium at Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School, 2495 William St.
• The board of commissioners from Bellevue Fire District N. 9 will hold a public work session at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Bellevue Fire Hall, 511 Como Park Blvd.
• Our Lady Help of Christians Church, 4125 Union Road, is hosting the Cheektowaga Community Chorus at 7 p.m. Saturday for “Gloria,” its 50th anniversary concert. An 11-piece orchestra will accompany the chorus, under the direction of Artistic Director Andrea Shurtliffe. Tickets are $10; the price is $7 for seniors and students. For more information, call 863-9670 or 998-6392, or visit www.cheektowagachorus.com.