Families affected by the pending school closings throughout the Diocese of Buffalo will have an opportunity to check out Mary Queen of Angels Regional Catholic School during an open house Tuesday.
The open house is scheduled for 9 to 11 a.m. and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the school at 170 Rosewood Terrace, off George Urban Boulevard. Families interested in seeing the school while classes are in session are encouraged to visit during the morning hours.
The school draws students from Cheektowaga, Sloan, Buffalo, Depew, Amherst, Williamsville and West Seneca.
People unable to attend the open house may schedule a private tour by calling the school office at 895-6280.
Also this week:
• Soup on Sunday, which benefits the annual Sloan Family Picnic, begins at 12:30 p.m. today at Sloan Fire Hall, 55 Gates St. Residents pay for a bowl and a spoon, then can sample dozens of homemade soups. The cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 6 to 10; children age 5 and younger eat for free. Takeout containers will be available for $3.
• A work session of the Cheektowaga-Sloan School Board is scheduled for 6 p.m. Monday in the library at John F. Kennedy Middle School, 305 Cayuga Creek Road.
• The Cheektowaga Town Board meets at 6:45 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers in Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• Information about associate and bachelor degree programs offered by SUNY Empire State College will be available at a session beginning at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Niagara Frontier Center at Appletree Business Park, 2875 Union Road. For more information, call 686-7850.
• The Cleveland Hill School Board will discuss the status of the 2014-15 budget at its meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the community room at 105 Mapleview Road. A public budget forum on Instructional Programs/BOCES Services will run from 6 to 6:45 p.m.