College scholarships are being offered to residents of Cheektowaga and neighboring communities.
Zonta Club of Cheektowaga-Lancaster is accepting applications for three different scholarships for residents of Cheektowaga, Depew, Lancaster, Sloan or the surrounding area. Visit www.zontacheektowaga-lancaster.org, then click on What We Do for guidelines and applications.
The application deadlines vary.
The Dick Urban Community Association will award a $1,000 scholarship.
Additional information and applications are available in the guidance offices of local school districts. If not, e-mail email@example.com or contact DUCA at http://www.facebook.com/groups/DUCA1/. The deadline to apply is March 31.
Also this week:
• Snowshoe and ski rentals will be available from 1 to 4:30 p.m. today, weather permitting, at Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive. The rental fee is $5 or $2 for members of Friends of Reinstein; payment is cash only.
• The board of commissioners of Bellevue Fire District No. 9 will hold a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in the fire hall, 511 Como Park Blvd.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Office conference room in Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Cheektowaga-Sloan School Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Irma Czubaj Board Room at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School, 166 Halstead Ave., Sloan.
• A budget workshop and meeting of the Cleveland Hill School Board begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the community room at 105 Mapleview Road.
• Maryvale High School’s Performing Arts program will present the musical “Hello, Dolly!” at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the high school auditorium, 1050 Maryvale Drive. Additional performances are scheduled for 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $8 for adults and $7 for students and senior citizens. Tickets for Saturday’s matinee are two for $7. For more information, call 631-7481.
• Cleveland Hill High School will present “Annie” at 7 p.m. Friday in the high school auditorium, 105 Mapleview Road. Additional shows are scheduled for 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $7 presale or $10 at the door. For presale tickets, call 836-7200, voicemail 5094.