A “Senator on Your Street” outreach event will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday in the Cheektowaga Senior Center by state Sen. Tim Kennedy, D-Buffalo, and his staff.
Residents who have any unresolved issues or open cases with the office of former Assemblyman Dennis H. Gabryszak, D-Depew, who abruptly retired amid claims of sexual harassment by women who worked for him, are urged to attend. Kennedy represents Cheektowaga in the state Senate.
“The last several weeks have been turbulent and uncertain for constituents of the 143rd Assembly District, but I want to assure residents of the Town of Cheektowaga that I will continue to serve as an aggressive and forceful advocate for them in the State Legislature,” Kennedy said.
Also this week:
• The Town Board meets at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday in council chambers at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• A meeting of the Town Park Community Association begins at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday the Alexander Community Center, 275 Alexander Ave.
• The Cheektowaga-Sloan School Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Irma Czubaj Board Room at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School, 166 Halstead Ave., Sloan.
• A meeting of the Cleveland Hill School Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the community room at at Cleveland Hill High School, 105 Mapleview Road. A public forum on extracurricular and interscholastic sports, part of the budget development process, will be held from 6 to 6:45 p.m.
• An informational session about associate and bachelor degree programs at Empire State College begins at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the Niagara Frontier Center at Appletree Business Park, 2875 Union Road. Call 686-7850 for more information.
• “Winter Wonderland in the Woods” will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Reinstein Woods Environmental Education Center, 93 Honorine Drive. Visitors may try out snowshoes and cross-country skis for free in a demonstration area – weather permitting. Snowshoe rentals will be available for people who desire a longer experience. There will be indoor activities, as well.