Thirty employers are scheduled to participate Tuesday at Job Fair 2014 in the Walden Galleria.
Sponsored by the Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, the event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the lower level of the mall, near the Apple computer store.
According to Debra S. Liegl, the chamber’s president and chief executive officer, the employers represent manufacturing, health and medical, banking, education, communications and retail/service businesses.
Job-seekers should bring resumes. They will have opportunities for one-on-one meetings with potential employers.
Also this week:
• An informational session will be held at 5:30 p.m. Monday in Appletree Business Park about associate and bachelor degree programs offered by Empire State College. The session is in the park’s Niagara Frontier Center, 2875 Union Road. Call 686-7850 for more information.
• The Maryvale School Board meets at 6 p.m. Monday in the district administrative office of the Samuel R. Bennett building, 1050 Maryvale Drive.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the council office conference room at town hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Sloan Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in village hall, 425 Reiman St.
• The Cheektowaga Central Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the boardroom at Cheektowaga Central High School, 3600 Union Road. The 10th annual Community Involvement Awards and Wall of Fame presentations will precede the meeting at 6:30 p.m.
• The Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in council chambers at town hall.