Landlords will learn the benefits of renting to military veterans, and the resources available to veterans, during “Rent to a Vet,” a seminar scheduled for Monday in Pvt. Leonard Post Jr. Post 6251 Veterans of Foreign Wars.
The program runs from 5 to 9 p.m. at 2450 Walden Ave., and will cover a variety of subjects within separate sessions:
• A presentation by Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program begins at 5:30 p.m.
• An Ask the Experts session, with housing inspectors and legal resources, begins at 6 p.m.
• Beginning at 7 p.m., landlords will have an opportunity to network with service agencies and representatives.
The event is sponsored by the Veterans Affairs Western New York Healthcare System, in partnership with Veterans One-Stop Center of Western New York and Belmont Housing Resources for WNY. Anyone interested in attending should register; call 884-2358, ext. 134.
Also this week:
• Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Church, 200 Como Park Blvd., is holding is Christmas Bazaar from noon to 5 p.m. today in the church hall. The event includes ethnic food, raffles and basket auctions.
• The Maryvale Board of Education will host a regular meeting on Monday, 6 p.m., at the district administrative office, 1050 Maryvale Drive.
• The town board will hold a work session at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the conference room of council offices in town hall, 3301 Broadway.
• A meeting of the Sloan Village Board begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in village hall, 425 Reiman St.
• A regular meeting of the Cheektowaga Central School Board begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the board room of Cheektowaga Central High School, 3600 Union Road.