St. Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic Church is hosting its 70th annual Family Christmas Fair from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday in the parish hall, 157 Cleveland Drive.
There will theme baskets, prize booths and a grand prize drawing with $3,000 in cash prizes. Santa Claus is scheduled to visit from 2 to 4 p.m., and the kitchen is offering a menu that ranges from pizza to pulled pork.
A special raffle will be held to commemorate the event’s 70th anniversary: a framed landscape watercolor painted by Marjorie J. Norton, a well-known local artist who died in 2011. The painting was donated by her husband, Victor, who worships at St. Al’s. Those raffle tickets are $1 each or 3 for $2 and will be sold at the fair.
Also this week:
• The Cheektowaga-Sloan School Board is holding a work session at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Irma Czubaj Board Room at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School, 166 Halstead Ave.
• The town board meets at 6:45 p.m. Monday in council chambers at town hall, 3301 Broadway.
• A meeting of the Cleveland Hill School Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the community room at 105 Mapleview Road.
• An Old-Fashioned Family Christmas, which includes crafts, sleigh rides and Christmas carols, as well as a visit from you-know-who, is scheduled for 6 to 8:30 p.m. Friday in the Alexander Community Center, 275 Alexander Ave. Advance registration is required, call 897-7207 for more information.
• The Christmas concert of the Cheektowaga Community Chorus begins at 7 p.m. Friday in Infant of Prague Catholic Church, 921 Cleveland Drive. Call 863-9670 for ticket information.
• Children up to age 10, accompanied by an adult, are invited to Breakfast with Santa from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday in Maryvale Drive Presbyterian Church, 425 Maryvale Drive. The event also will include crafts, games, story time and photographs. Please RSVP to 892-4426. Donation of non-perishable food items are appreciated.
• The Vocalis Chamber Choir presents its annual Christmas concert at 4 p.m. next Sunday in Our Lady Help of Christians Church, 4125 Union Road. Tickets, which will be sold at the door, are $15 for general admission and $10 for students with identification; children age 12 and younger will be admitted for free. For more information, visit www.vocalischamberchoir.org.