As annual summer celebrations begin to wind down, there’s still at least one more church lawn fete on the calendar.
The fun begins at 5 p.m. Friday on the grounds of Infant of Prague Catholic Church, 921 Cleveland Drive – at the Cleveland Drive exit of the Thruway.
Live music performances are scheduled for Friday and Saturday night in the Beer Garden.
Saturday’s events begin at noon, and include a classic car show from 1 to 4 p.m. and a watermelon eating contest from 3 to 5 p.m. A barbecue chicken dinner sale begins at 3 p.m.; tickets are $9 and are available in advance at the parish office or at the door the day of the event.
There will be rides, raffles and games of chances on both days.
Visit IOPparish.com for details.
Also this week:
• The 4th annual Sloan Family Village Picnic, for residents, begins at 2 p.m. today – rain or shine – in Griffith Park. Hot dogs and drinks are will be provided; bring a covered dish or dessert to share.
• Terry Buchwald, better known in these parts as “Elvis,” performs at 7 p.m. today at the Casimir Pulaski Cultural Center in Cheektowaga Town Park on Harlem Road. In case of rain, the concert will be moved next door, to the Lions Club Pavilion.
• A meeting of the Town Board begins at 6:45 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Cleveland Hill School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the community room, 105 Mapleview Road.
• The Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers at Town Hall.