SILVER CREEK – Matthew Bogosian was elected president of the Silver Creek Central School Board during the annual reorganization meeting Wednesday in the elementary school library.
Gregory Cole was re-elected vice president; Lynn Godert, district clerk; and Cindy Mackowiak, district treasurer.
In other organizational issues:
• A calendar of meeting dates was approved and is available on the district website.
• The school safety and evacuation policy was approved.
• The superintendent was granted the authority to hire temporary employees as needed, and the School Board president was authorized to sign a revenue-anticipation note, as needed, for district finances.
• Melodee Leone was named coordinator of the comprehensive plan for the district.
Among items handled during the regular meeting, the board:
• Accepted the resignation, for retirement, of Susan DiPalma.
• Approved the hiring of Rachel Castiglia as a business teacher.
• Approved a middle school field trip to Boston, Mass., scheduled for next June.
Superintendent Daniel Ljiljanich, who provided board members with an update on the capital improvement project, said windows are being replaced this summer in all high school classrooms. New heated sidewalks also are being installed at the elementary school. Because of the extensive construction, school entrances and parking areas are changed frequently, Ljiljanich said.