An Olean man was ordered Monday by Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz to serve a prison term for trying to molest a 10-year-old child in Olean last year, and two other men pleaded not guilty to indictments accusing them of sex crimes against children.
Richard S. Stanton Sr., 57, was ordered to serve a prison term of 1ø years and then spend three years of post-release time on supervised probation on his felony guilty plea to first-degree attempted sexual abuse for an incident with the child last May 17.
Also Monday at the court in Little Valley:
• Donald A. Green, 35, of Bath, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with four counts of third-degree rape and a child endangerment count for allegedly having sex with a girl under age 17 at least four times between last July 25 and last November. He was remanded pending further proceedings.
• Wayne R. Gilman, 67, of Salamanca, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with five counts of promoting a sexual performance by a child and four counts of possession of a sexual performance of a child for incidents in the City of Salamanca between Jan. 23, 2010, and August, 24, 2012. Cattaraugus County District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said the case involves Gilman’s collection of alleged child pornography.
• Jeremy M. Booker, 31, of Randolph, was placed on probation for the next five years, fined $1,500, and his driver’s license was revoked for at least one year on his driving while intoxicated conviction for his arrest in the Town of Leon last April 12. Pettit Rieman said Booker had a blood alcohol level of 0.16 percent, twice the state’s legal limit.
• William E. Bailey, 32, of Weston’s Mills, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with second-degree burglary and grand larceny for a City of Olean burglary sometime last April during which it was belatedly confirmed that property had been stolen.
• Debra A. Hollowell, 51, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with two counts of third-degree sale of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana for her alleged sales of drugs in Olean between Jan. 1 and Jan. 25 and her alleged possession of marijuana when she was arrested late that month. She was remanded to the county jail pending further proceedings.
• Austin Slater, 29, Randolph, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with two counts of third-degree burglary and grand larceny for break-ins in the Town of Cold Spring between last June 6 and last June 11.
He was remanded to the county jail pending further proceedings.
• Chad J. Hein, 33, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with felony counts of second-degree forgery and grand larceny, and petit larceny for allegedly illegally using a debit card that did not belong to him in the Town of Carrollton last Sept. 4.