Bradley E.D. Gabel, 28, of Gowanda, faces the possibility of additional jail time on his guilty plea Monday before Cattaraugus County Justice Ronald D. Ploetz in Little Valley to a reduced felony charge of attempted assault in the second degree for severely beating another inmate at the Cattaraugus County Jail last Sept. 6.
Remanded to the county jail pending his Aug. 11 sentencing, Gabel was charged two years ago with trying to steal scrap metal from a vacant house on the Cattaraugus County Indian Reservation.
• Carmen C. Burney,27, of Olean, was sentenced to two years in state prison and two years of post release supervision on her felony conviction of criminal possession of a controlled substance linked to a raid on a home on Third Avenue in Olean Jan. 9 by agents of the Southern Tier Regional Drug Task Force in connection with a crack cocaine trafficking investigation.
• Meghan J. Sizemore, 25, of Olean was placed on probation for five years, but ordered to perform 240 hours of community service, use an ignition interlock device on any vehicle she drives for the next three years after she regains her driver’s license one year from now. On her driving while intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed driving arrested in the City of Olean last July 5. County District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said Sizemore had a blood-alcohol reading that day of 0.22 per cent, almost three times the state’s legal limit, and already had her license suspended for an earlier driving arrest.
• Ronald L. Wolfe, 53, of Allegany pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with second-degree burglary, aggravated criminal contempt, third-degree assault, criminal obstruction of breathing and child endangerment for forcing his way into a Town of Allegany home Jan. 22 and choking one of the residents and scaring a child in the house from which he had previously been ordered to stay.
• Matthew L. Grimes Jr., 20, of Salamanca, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to fourth-degree grand larceny and third-degree forgery for his role in the cashing of a number of checks stolen in Franklinville. Arrested in February he faces sentencing Aug. 25.
• Justin R. Hand, 27, of Olean, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to aggravated family offense, criminal contempt in the first and second-degrees for disobeying court orders of protection and assaulting a teenaged relative in the Town of Hinsdale twice last September and again on April 22. He faces sentencing Aug. 11.
• Jerrod L. Giles, 35, of Olean, was ordered to serve up to one-year in the Cattaraugus County Jail on his felony conviction for an attempted drug sale in the City of Olean last July 24. Already held at the county jail he could be released within several months.
• Giovanni Salmonson, 23, of Olean, was ordered to serve up to a year in the Cattaraugus County Jail on his conviction for an attempted drug sale in the City of Olean last Nov. 20. He could be facing up to eight months behind bars.
• Michael A. Griffin, 42, of Limestone, was placed on probation for five years and ordered to make full restitution of over $3,000 on his grand larceny conviction for a Town of Allegany break-in last Sept. 29.
• Jesse S. Woodruff, 22, of Olean, pleaded guilty to criminal sale and possession charges for heroin sales and attempted sales in the City of Olean last July 31 and last Aug. 15. He faces sentencing Aug. 11.
• Ralph B. Neasam, 41, of Olean, pleaded guilty to criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree for a drug sale in the City of Olean last Oct. 23. He faces sentencing Sept. 15.
• Shaina R. Gates, 23, of Irving, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to two counts of forgery in the third degree for a forged check incident in the Town of Persia this past Jan. 15. She faced sentencing Aug. 25.
• Joseph W. Shelton, 53, of Salamanca, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with driving while intoxicated for an arrest in the Town of Salamanca last Jan. 20 when he recorded a blood-alcohol reading of 0.17 per cent, more than twice the state’s legal limit.
• Luis J. Ortiz, 27, of Olean, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana for his arrest in the Town of Ashford this past Feb. 13. Sentencing is Aug. 25.
• Roberta J. Shawley, 41, of Allegany, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with burglary in the second-degree and grand larceny for the theft of firearms in a Village of Allegany break-in this past Jan. 21.
• Kristina K. Kelley, 31, of Olean, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree for an attempted drug sale in the City of Olean Feb. 19. She faces sentencing July 13.
• Charles M. Hecht, 28, of Yorkshire, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with fourth-degree grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property in the fourth degree for the theft of a credit card during a Town of Yorkshire incident on April 7.
• Brennen D. Smith, 24, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with failure to register as a sex offender after court proceedings last fall in the City of Olean.